Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Most people who know me would probably say that I am a 30 year old stuck in a 22 year old's body. I never really enjoyed the things most people my age would be doing. I never saw college as a time to "party" and "let loose". I never really liked staying out late to go drinking with friends. I always just preferred to be home doing my own thing or lounging around with Elliott.

In college I often felt out of place and was never able to contribute to conversations that started with "I can't STAND my boyfriend". I never felt the need to brag about the special things Elliott had done to other people because I was (am) genuinely happy and confident about my life and where it is going. I think my parents wish I "let loose" more in college but I know they know this is who I am and they wouldn't want me to be any other way.

Most people would say I got engaged too soon or think it is crazy that Elliott and I have been so serious about each other for so many years. To be honest, I don't really care and I cannot wait for the rest our lives. In a way I wish I could fast forward 5 or 6 years because I know how amazing our lives will be then. I know I should be enjoying right now but I can't help getting so excited about what is to come. I can't wait to show the world what Elliott and I are capable of...individually and together.

Watch out world...here we come!

No comments:

Post a Comment